We are seeking an industrial sewing machine operator for HRT. The primary responsibility is to sew medium and heavy-duty textile products by operation of an industrial sewing machine and the assembly of nylon gear via hydraulic press. Compensation is based on skill level and experience.
- Works alongside the Operation manager and design team to manufacture nylon goods and create prototypes.
- Produce sewn product by replication of a controlled reference sample
- Set up sewing machine with proper thread, tension settings, and programmable operation settings as applicable
- Ability to perform and maintain the equipment
- Responsible for maintaining an organized record of sewing construction techniques used on given projects, and updates.
- Responsible for filing Prototype samples, mock-ups, and keeping sample and sewing location organized, for easy access to reference.
- Running our riveter to assembly products
- Assembling and packaging
- Sew products within established standards while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high degree of workmanship
- Other roles and duties as needed
- Experience in Apparel, preferably Tactical, Outerwear using heavy weight fabrics, Activewear.
- Ability to operate industrial sewing machines, including cover-stitch, flatlock, straight stitch, overlock
- Skill in applying technical and construction knowledge to different apparel design pieces.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize time to meet deadlines.
- 2nd amendment advocate highly preferred
- Prior military service or law-enforcement experience welcome
- Previous industry sewing experience is highly valued
- Will train highly motivated individuals!
- To prove that you are detail oriented please tell us your favorite ice-cream flavor.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. You will be given the same consideration regardless of race, religion, gender/gender-orientation, or any other traits that cannot be linked to job performances.
Job Category: Manufacturing
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus Ohio